Simple Green Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
A nice simple salad recipe to try !
* 1 cup sliced almonds
* 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 1/3 cup olive oil
* 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
* 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 tablespoons water
* 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
* 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
* 1 pound mixed salad greens
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Arrange almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in oven for 5 minutes, or until nuts begin to brown.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, oil, cranberries, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, and water. Process until smooth.
3. In a large bowl, toss the almonds, onion, blue cheese, and greens with the vinegar mixture until evenly coated. The simple salad recipe with cranberry is ready to serve...enjoy !