Simple Warm Apple and Goat Cheese Salad
Simple Salad Ingredients
- 2 tablespoon raspberry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 Belgian endives, cored and separated into leaves
- 1 bunch watercress or spinach, washed
- 1 Granny Smith Apple. sliced
- 4 ounce mild goat cheese, small log
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
First of all Using a glass jar with a tight lid, combine the vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper, and shake well to blend. Add the oil and parsley and shake.
And then On four plates, arrange the endive leaves like spokes around each plate. Next is to Arrange the watercress or spinach in the center. Preheat the broiler, and arrange the sliced apples slightly overlapping in 4 fan shapes, place in broiler pan. Cut the cheese into 4 slices and top each apple fan with slices of cheese. Broil until golden for approximately 5 minutes. Using a spatula, carefully place the apple slices and cheese on top of the endive. Drizzle the dressing over the salads and sprinkle with walnuts. Enjoy !